Monday, April 30, 2012

A blast from the past

I tend to take a break from cooking over the weekends so I figure I may as well post some past dinners from the 2 weeks before I started blogging..mainly because I think they look pretty and other people should appreciate them with me :) They were all pretty delicious too so maybe you will have a craving to make them!

We have been on a salad kick lately so there will be a lot of them for a while.  Luckily, I don't make boring salads so hopefully they'll keep you interested.  Plus, they make really good healthy alternatives to carbo-loading but are be tasty, filling and delicious. :)


April 18: My version of a Deconstructed Bruschetta Salad

Spring Mix
Grilled Organic Rib Eye Steak
Basil
Cherry Tomatoes
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Roasted Red Peppers
Fresh Mozzarella
Pappadews
House Balsamic: 1 part Balsamic to 3-4 parts Olive Oil, salt and pepper
Wine: Hawkstone 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon


April 23: Cobb Salads
Rotisserie Chicken
Boiled Eggs
Cherry Tomatoes
Smoked Bacon
Avocados
Spring Mix
Wine: Stags Leap Chardonnay


April 24: Grilled Open faced portobello sandwiches
Rosemary Focaccia: Drizzled with OO and grilled
Sundried Tomatoes
Grilled Balsamic marinated Portobellos: Marinated in 1 part Balsamic Vinegar + 3 parts OO for 2 hours
Avocados
Roasted Red Peppers
Fresh Mozarella
Homemade Pesto Mayo: Mayo, Pesto, Garlic, Salt, Pepper

I took the other halves of the focaccia and broke them up into cubes.  Then drizzled some OO with parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper onto a plate for dipping to make an appetizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment