Thursday, November 15, 2012

WE LOVE WINGS!


So this one is long overdue...We love wings in our house.  If we could eat wings everyday I think we would.  Unfortunately, the calories would probably eventually catch up to us and we would weigh 500 pounds.  We do eat wings probably at least once a week though...so I guess it's ok.

I haven't made wings in a while and I wanted to make something "red white and blue" for the election (b/c this was on election day) but everything included blue cheese...which I don't eat, or it was dessert oriented like cake or trifle so I decided to forego the patriotic idea and went with something American instead.  I didn't feel like making hot dogs or hamburgers so I decided on wings.  That seemed pretty American to me....

I didn't take too many pics of this one b/c I was on the phone with my awesome friend, Carol, who had just gotten engaged!!!! and my phone doubles as my camera so abilities were limited.

I bought whole wings, which I don't usually do, so I had to chop them up into pieces since Eric likes drummies and I like wings.  I took out the wing tip and saved them for chicken broth/dog food.  I washed them and then dried them with a paper towel. After chopping them all up they looked like this:

I seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.  Then I drizzled some oil over them and tossed them around.  They were laid out on 2 sheet pans so they weren't crowding each other and I stuck them in the oven.  I flipped them halfway through for even crisping.  I chose not to fry them or bread them for less calories :)

I made three different types of wings: regular wings with Frank's Hot Sauce, golden tangy made with a dijon mustard/honey base, and a copy of Hooter's Daytona Beach wings that I found here:
Hooter's Daytona Beach Wings

So once the wings came out, I put them into 3 different bowls and then tossed them with sauce.  They sat for about 5 minutes and then I tossed them again.

Once coated, they were put into bowls and we ate :)


They were pretty good and REALLY cheap to make since I already had everything except for the wings.  They Daytona were the best.  They didn't taste the same as Hooters and I didn't grill them, but they were still really good.  Frank's Hot wings never disappoint so those were good and the honey mustard ones were a good mix to tone down the two since it wasn't as sweet or as hot but still had a little kick and a little sweetness.  This was a good change from our Thursday all you can eat wing night and we got to sit at home and watch the election process.

No comments:

Post a Comment