Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cravings 1: Christe 0

I went to pick up Eric from the airport last night and on the way home, we were both hungry and in need of dinner.  He had suggested Cosmo's but I had just eaten it Sunday night.  I thought a little bit about what I wanted and what comes to me....LASAGNA.  UGH.  I felt so good about not eating like crap Monday afternoon and getting salad and then the lasagna craving comes back.  I tell him about how I had been craving it since we went downtown that night and so where do we end up...Maggiano's. I was apparently unaware of the fact that they give you a whole order of pasta with your order of pasta!! WHAT?!? How unnecessarily awesome! So we were gonna get it take out but the free side of pasta only comes with dine in so we decided to eat at the bar.  He ordered the Rigatoni "D" which was this ridiculous creamy delicious marsala cream sauce with chicken and mushrooms and he subbed the rigatoni with angel hair b/c that's his favorite.  I, of course, got the Mama's Lasagna with meat sauce and a baked ziti to take home b/c apparently, I need more pasta in my life.  UGH.  I felt it sitting in my stomach all night while trying to sleep and it was even there this morning.  I also got a glass of their red blend that made solely for them.  It was surprisingly good and I rather enjoyed it! We also had a side salad and bread but pretty standard for picture sake.

This meal, I must say, made me incredibly happy.  It was so much better than my meal at Panzano..maybe b/c I had wanted it for so long.  Regardless of the reason, it hit the spot and was delicious, even it if way 9:00 at night and sat in my stomach all night as I tried to sleep.  It was definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment