Tuesday, May 8, 2012

How do you say "shmorgisborg" in Italian?

First of all, Happy Birthday to Eric, my amazing manfriend who always eats what I put in front of him and never complains :) 

Back to salads last night...even though it really just looks like we ate a charcuterie plate, I promise there's lettuce down there.

I had planned on making a side salad with crab cakes and remoulade but my Whole Foods is apparently having issues finding a crab dealer since last week.  No crab dealer = no crab cakes :( Made me a little sad seeing as how I wanted them last week and had been looking forward to them all weekend but o well.  This meant figuring out something new for dinner and spending more time in Whole Foods, both things that I never mind doing.

Dinner last night was Charcuterie salads.  It was made up of the following mess of things:

Prosciutto De Parma (3: I only ate 2)
Cappicola (2)
Genoa Salami (2)
Pepperoncinis (5: but I love these things)
Pappdews (4)
Jalapeño stuff olives (3: I only ate 1)
Fresh Mozzarella balls (a handful: these balls were teeniny)
Roasted red peppers: (1 pepper)
Gerkins (3)
Spring Mix
Balsamic/OO mix
French Vinaigrette

I always love this salad because I get 2 cravings out of the way at once: Charcuterie and salad. The last time I made this, I went way overboard and included way more meat which was a little overkill.  I'd say this one worked out better as far as fullness.  This is why I included quantity in the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment