Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rare but Well Done

And the salads are back! With the Derby coming up this weekend and Eric's birthday and graduation next, we can't really afford to be making too much deliciousness or else we won't fit into our outfits.  Maybe we'll switch it up a bit more in a couple of weeks but until then....salads, salads, and more salads!! However, if you haven't figured it out yet, my salads aren't exactly "ordinary" so still adding deliciousness to life while being healthy :) 

I had planned on making these last week but then salmon went on a huge sale so I had to jump on that opportunity.  So dinner last night consisted of:

Rare Ahi Tuna: marinated in red miso for about 2 hours, coated in sesame seeds, pan seared about 3 minutes each side ( I allowed it to sit for about 5 minutes after removing from pan before slicing), then drizzled with more red miso glaze.
Cherry Tomatoes
Mango
Blueberries
Avocado
Yellow Bell Pepper
Spring Mix
Ginger Miso Dressing
Wine: Chardonnay of some sort...they were sold out of my usual Hawkstone Chardonnay so I grabbed some random bottles.  Since I managed to drink an entire bottle last night, I threw the bottle away before seeing what it was.

* Side note about glazes:  I have found that the seafood marinades and glazes made by Whole Foods are pretty good.  I have gotten several from there, red miso included, and they all seem to taste really delicious and really easy to use since they're pre-made.  They run about $5 a bottle and make any fish taste better.  If you ever want fish and don't know what to do with it, I highly suggest picking up a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment