Monday, May 7, 2012

You Don't Always Need All The Junk

Last week, I posted about my love for Cherry Creek Grill's Macho Salad.  I had some time Friday between the gym and getting my nails done for the Kentucky Derby and it just so happens that CCG is right next to my nail place! On top of which, the offer I put on a house got accepted Friday so I figured it would be a good time to celebrate! I had been craving a burger for about a week and I had a pretty good gym day so why not?

I must say, even though Schramsberg may be cheaper and the grapes are grown in the US, it is still one of my favorite "cheaper" champagnes.  I think I may prefer it to Moet and Veuve at times.  It is also usually more reasonably priced when out to dinner and available by the glass, whereas Moet and Veuve are almost always by bottle.  


Here's a preview of my meal.  I went ahead and asked for a to-go box bc I knew there was no way I was going to be able to eat all of this food.  The salad was a side Caesar and they do such a good job.  There is just the perfect amount of dressing to lettuce combo and the dressing is not as creamy/rich as most Caesar's which is great.  It has a nice hint of lemon and anchovy without being overpowering.  They also include their great cornbread croutons, which I don't eat, but do love.


Close up of the burger from the side view.  I felt this was necessary because the best thing about this burger is that it is SO simple!! I ordered it medium and it was in between medium/medium rare which is perfect for me.  The only "fixin" on this burger is cheese!! Usually, I want the works: bacon, grilled onions, mushrooms, etc but this burger is quite perfect with just cheese.  It comes with cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, mustard, and mayo on a toasted egg bun.  I try to stay away from carbs so I took most of the bun off but the bite I had was rather tasty.

I must say, my belly much appreciated this burger Friday and again today when I ate the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment